Job skills – find and succeed: A guide to the skills and techniques you need for finding your new job. Among the many areas covered are interview preparation and techniques, tips on finding your ideal job, your first day at work and how to get the most from your job.
Try our Job Skills Guide demo here.
You will need a code to login to use the demo, please use the contact form to request your code.
Job Skills – features at a glance
- Prepare for interviews, hints and tips
- Planning for the first day in a new job
- How to get the most from a new job
- Tips for finding a new job
- Succeed in your career
- Discover your skills
Job Skills – Guide overview and content
Job Skills - Overview
You’ll be shown how to write letters, fill in forms, create a CV and obtain an email account. We will even tell you how you can follow the steps in the guide at the same time as completing the actual processes online.
If the “Find a job” activity is your first time on a computer, don’t worry. We show you everything that you need to know starting with using a mouse and keyboard.
You’ll also find out many more useful things like how you can look for jobs using the Internet and other necessary skills. There are lots of interactive exercises to make sure that you are well prepared to use your Jobseeker account.
Job Skills - Guide content
- Working in a team.
- Working in an appropriate manner within a team.
- Using initiative when carrying out a task.
- Working to deadlines.
- Being relied on in the workplace.
- Responding to written requests.
- Following spoken instructions.
- Communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Interview skills and techniques.
Job seeking abilities
- Introducing yourself to people who you don’t know.
- Feeling comfortable talking to new people.
- Making a telephone call to someone that you don’t know asking for simple information or job opportunities.
- Being prepared to put time and effort into learning new skills.
- Being properly prepared for an interview.
Finding the ideal job
- Types of work.
- The skills needed for different types of work.
- Awareness of the local labour market.
- Finding hidden jobs.
- Getting advice to help with decisions.
- Finding out what you are good at.
- The skills and work experience needed to get a particular job.
- The qualifications needed for certain jobs.
- Considering different jobs to your main choice.
- Being ready to start your new job.